Sunday 23 December 2012

She's run aground Cap'n!

With a brief break in the clouds, I picked up some more pipe insulation from Ely and headed for the marina. As I turned the corner, I caught sight of Skylark amid a sea of swirling muddy water and somewhere under all that water was my pontoon and jetty. I waded over to where Skylark was wallowing and found her bow well and truly stuck on dry wet ground. Her bow line was as tight as piano wire and no amount of pulling and tugging at my quick release knot would release it. So, I took out my very sharp boy scouts pen knife and cut her free. As the rope shredded, Skylark bobbed back to her normal position and I re-tied her to her mooring posts. This time, I gave her a little slack. No damage done. Phew! I wish I had my camera with me.

Anyway, once all the excitement was over, I fitted the rest of the insulation and headed home via my local AmDrams. I had agreed to help them get out of the Regal Theatre following a sell out Pantomime run. Life doesn't get much better than this.

What ever next? (I hear you say). Well, it's Christmas Eve tomorrow and I might just give Skylark a look see. She might need her ropes adjusting before the next storm arrives.

BFN

No comments: