Saturday 27 April 2013

A busy day in St Ives


Thursday, 25 April 2013
After a cloudy start, the day developed into a hot one – 23 degrees, the hottest day of the year so far. I had a brief walk around the pretty little town and then spent most of the day painting inside Skylark.

The engine room has always needed a bit of finishing off on the control box. Up until now, I have avoided doing this because it needed the various plates, switches and boxes taken off or at least loosened to avoid everything ending up splattered with paint – yuk! Anyway, today, I summoned up enough enthusiasm to do it and was pleased I did.
 
While I had the paint out, I touched up a few other bits and pieces, which has made the place look almost new. It made the inside of Skylark look like a paint workshop for a while.



Talking of things new, in three days time, it will be the first anniversary of Skylark’s launching. I should be home by then and will post my thoughts on the last year; the GOOD, the BAD and the UGLY. Someone might find it interesting, helpful or even funny. Who knows?
In advance of that, I have just heard some good news – today, the UK has avoided a triple dip recession because the economy grew by a whacking 0.3% during the first three months of 2013. That is good news – isn’t it?

And finally, those children whose parents didn’t want them inoculated against measles 10 years ago are now contracting measles. I wonder if those parents who thought they knew better than the Doctors, are now reflecting on their decision.

No comments: