Tuesday 24 July 2012

The umbrella gets tested

Designed for both rain and shine, today it was subjected to the hottest day of 2012 so far. I was pleased with it but may have looked a little odd lurking under a large umbrella with two open flaps. A few people commented positively, others just looked and made no comment. Anyway, I was pleased. I don't particularly want to test it in the rain but I'm sure it will do just as well.



The other day, I found a poker stand. Apparently, when people had coal fires, some of them decided ity would be good to stand their pokers on a little metal stand. This one wi in the shape of a grinning cat - a really must have item. Just right for standing the pointed end of the brolly in...



The netbook also arrived. It's taking a few days to get used to the new operating processes and the smaller keyboard and screen but I'm sure it won't take too long.

Today, I spent a few hours on the boat, not only testing the brolly but taking it for a spin into Ely. This is to make sure the batteries are topped up and the herds of spiders are disturbed. My son Ben is back from Afghanistan for a couple of weeks and we are baby sitting grandson number 2 (James) for 2 days. Then, on Saturday, we are entertaining Ben and his whole family on Skylark. Fingers crossed that summer will last until then.

A fab photo of the River Great Ouse today...lots of people enjoying the hot weather, both on and off the water (well, there were a few more people than I'd seen before).


And another...









No comments: