Sunday 24 June 2012

Braunston on Saturday

We took a trip over to Braunston on Saturday - another 3 hours there and back in my old Land Rover!

The day was dry, fortunately, and we enjoyed seeing all the historic boats, traders and organisations displaying their wares. We saw Mick and Gena selling their brassware, and bumped into Chard Wadley (Chair of my local IWA Branch) and his wife and had a nice chat about the sort of things retired people/narrowboaters chat about. We bought a few bits and pieces, had a drink and a hotdog, chilled out and went home. A good way to spend a day.

I also took the opportunity to try out my new camara, a Panasonic Lumis TZ20, an advanced digital compact no less. It's so advanced in fact that it will take a while for me to work out what it actually does, apart from taking photos. There is mention of a GPS in the instructions, panoramic shots, 3D, anti-jitter and 16x megapixels - these will all have to wait. For now, I attach a few photos (on Auto setting) of some of the boats.

By the way, I have my last employers to thank for the camera. When I left Mid Suffolk District Council, after a total of 39 years in local government, I was given a long service awardI pondered long and hard about what to buy (it's taken 6 months!) and decided a good quality camera would be a good way to mark the passing years and more importantly, to record all the ones I have left. So, many thanks to Mid Suffolk District Council. I appreciate your generosity.  








I'm not sure if these photos really justify the cost of the camara over my old one but I am sure having 16x megapixels must be good thing.

No comments: