Monday 2 January 2012

In the beginning

This is my Blog covering the construction of our narrowboat Skylark. As I have started the Blog a couple of months into the project, the first few pages will be playing 'catch up'. It will outline my thinking behind her design, construction and fitting out, and the first practical steps to making Skylark a reality. 


If I manage to keep it going (the Blog that is) and assuming it turns out to be worthwhile, I may extend it to include accounts of our trips around the Fens of East Anglia and beyond. What else am I going to do, now that I'm retired?


I also think the Blog may turn out to be one of the only ways to stay in touch with family and friends, and so they can find out if we're still alive. I understand there are occasional public phones in the Fenland villages and towns, I'm told that some Post Offices are still dotted around and our mobile phone may work once we surface out of the low lying rivers and dykes, but you can't beat the good old Internet for staying in touch with the rest of the world. Of course, it has the added benefit that we (and they) can always turn us off.


So, please read on ... and, if you would like to make any useful, constructive and/or funny comments, I would love to hear from you.


I thank you (and apologise for any spelling mistakes) in advance.

No comments: