Sunday 16 September 2012

Bedford or Bust

The 5 day weather forecast for the East of England is fair so we've finally decided to go to Bedford along the upper reaches of the navigable Great Ouse. Skylark is primed and ready to go, we are flexing our river-legs (just use your imagination!) and Sophie the Fearsome Cat is completely unaware that she will have the free run of the house. Fortunately, my mother has agreed to pop in to feed her each day. This tactic will help to deter burglars - not my mother popping in but me leaving Sophie on the prowl. My advise to anyone thinking about breaking in is - don't. You will not be welcomed by Sophie. You will not get past the front door. You are likely to end up mauled and/or eaten by her. I don't want you blood on the carpet. You have been warned!!!!

I'll post our trip diary when I get back - unless I can find one of those free BT Wi-Fi hot spots they advertise on the telly.

BFN

No comments: