Wednesday 15 August 2012

Rainy days and Mondays

Last week we were on the North Norfolk coast, camping with Faye and Rachel, the two grand daughters. The weather was fine and everything went well. The sea was beautiful to watch and wade into but we left the actual swimming to the girls. I spent most of my time eating cheese sandwiches with sand and photographing the breakers.


Since we have been at home, I have been developing my recent interest in clocks. I have bought a few brass pressure gauges and the necessary inner workings, and created some 'test' pieces. So far, I've learnt a lot about what works and what doesn't. The first attempts look fine to me and are spread around the house keeping good time. The ones I have photographed below are all brass and the faces measure about 150mm.









Today, being a rainy day, I spent most of the day working on a 200mm clock. I'm pleased with the result...and now just need to find a wall big enough to hang it on!


The next few days look good (weather-wise) so we aim to take a trip on the boat. I hope we'll be able to find somewhere to moor.

BFN

No comments: